Sunday, August 10, 2014

Another one down!






About a month ago, I headed to San Francisco for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer.  Of all the walks I've participated in, this one was the best!  The walk itself, while exhausting at 26 miles the first day and 13 the second day, was so beautiful through various areas of San Francisco.

The highlight for me was walking across the Golden Gate Bridge - twice!  Being with my Trekkin' for Ta-Ta teammates is always a fun time, and I was happy to meet Jeanette and Andrea for the first time after having known them for years through the Catster community.

This year in addition to walking for our family members and friends who have been affected by cancer, we also walked in memory of all the cats and dogs who get mammary gland cancer.  Our walk mascot was Sugar, Jeanette's beloved kitty, and you can see her picture in the banner we are holding as we crossed the finish line.  It was great getting the message out to check your pets for lumps and bumps - give them a monthly Sugar Rub!

Next year we are heading to Charlotte, North Carolina, to continue trekking!  We are happy that new gals will be joining our team.  If you'd like to donate to my walk, there is a link in the upper right corner of the blog.

Thanks to everyone who supported me on this walk - it means more than I can express to feel your love and support!


 

1 comment:

  1. congrats laura out west from laura back east !! picture two, is an awesum looking building...too bad you didn't have time to do some sight seeing...N way cool you got to meet jeanette ♥

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!