Monday, February 17, 2014

Pre-Op Scrubbing!




With any surgery, infection is always a concern.  My surgeon gave me these two sponge packets to use - one tonight, and one in the morning.  The sponges contain Chlorhexidine Gluconate, and it is scrubbed on the surgical site for five minutes to wash the skin.

Because I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 tomorrow morning, I'll be scrubbing away bright and early!  I got my instruction phone call today.  Nothing after midnight - no food, water, or gum.  No jewelry, no make-up, no lotion, no deodorant, no valuables.  I'm gonna have good looking hair, but the rest of me will be au naturel!

I appreciate all the well wishes for tomorrow - hoping for a smooth surgery, no nausea from the anesthesia, and no complications during recovery!

See you on the flip side!


3 comments:

  1. N dont freak out when ya wake up and see a blue pony and a flying puppy serving you your dinner...it's just good medication !!

    XXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear your surgery went well. Sending my love and wishes for your speedy recovery.

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purrs and prayers from us for quick healing continue. Thank catness for good nurses.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!