Wednesday, September 26, 2012

39.3 Miles!

I got back on Monday from a fun-filled two day walk in beautiful Santa Barbara, California, for the 10th Anniversary Avon Walk for Breast Cancer!


The Trekkin' for Ta-Tas team - Captain Sue Lyn, The Machine Laura, and Squirrel Diana enjoyed the sunshine, ocean view, and friends we met along the way!


I'm proud to say I made it the full 26 miles on the first day - lots of gradual hills kicked my butt, and the humidity was no fun, but I made it - with a blister or two to prove it!


We met an amazing lady named Barbara Jo Kirshbaum who has been walking in the Avon as well as the Komen walks for 15 years . . . . .  raising more than 1 million dollars in donations!

Day 2 was a gorgeous sunny day, and only 13 miles to the finish line!  The total for both days came in at 39.3 miles.


I'm happy to know these great gals, and proud that with wonderful support from our families and friends, we were able to raise more than $6,000 for the fight against breast cancer!


1 comment:

  1. you look like you lost 39 pounds !!! glad you had fun and WAY cool that Barbara has been able to raise that much money...welcome home :)

    laura

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!