Sunday, April 11, 2010

Views From a Park Walk

My trainer got me up early this morning so we could get a walk in at the park before it got too hot. We saw this cute kitty on our first time around the 1.75 mile loop.

It is a really pretty park with lots to see - a big lake with several people fishing from the shore, and at least 4 boats in the water.

I love the wild violets which are really in bloom right now!

My trainer did let me stop each time around to shed one of my layers. This is a great training park because there are several small hills. We saw a husband and wife team riding their bikes - they were doing some serious training. And when the man got finished riding (17 miles), he ran once around the loop. Way too ambitious for me!


We went 5 1/4 miles, and plan to do more than that next weekend as we gear up for the big Kentucky Derby Mini-marathon on the 24th!



1 comment:

  1. Aw, pretty kitty! And flowers and trail! Oh my!

    I think your personal trainer looks so great holding the fanny pack that he should do the walk with us so he can carry all our packs!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!