Friday, April 23, 2010

One More Mile!

One more mile . . . . . that will be my motto tomorrow as Ted and I walk in the Kentucky Derby Festival's Mini-Marathon! We picked up our packet of goodies yesterday which included this ugly shirt and my very own bib! You gotta learn the race language - bib sounds so juvenile! I think we get cool lanyards at the Komen walk.

I realize this is a running race, but there will be a lot of walkers too. There is a full marathon and the mini-marathon being done at the same time. Over 15,000 participants which is a record for this event!


Here is the map for our 13 mile trek. We start out at Iroquois Park and walk all the way to downtown Louisville. The marathon runners go over to Indiana and back.



We got some nice freebies - admission to Churchill Downs during the spring meet (of course not for the Oaks or Derby), a free dessert at BJ's, a breakfast sandwich at Subway, and eyedrops. I think I'll need those eyedrops first thing tomorrow. We have to park our car at the end spot and a bus takes us to the start point.

The race starts at 7:30, and the last bus goes at 6:30 - A.M.! As my Red Hot friend Peggy would say, I only see one 6:30 a day!

They are predicting rain tomorrow - hopefully in the afternoon. If it is a downpour in the morning, I'll be sleeping in! I'm not that desperate to walk 13 miles . . . . . . .


2 comments:

  1. WOO HOO!!! Go Laura and Ted!! I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. That is one ugly shirt. You walked all those miles and all you got was that ugly shirt???

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!