Saturday, March 27, 2010

Window Shopping!

I didn't disappoint my trainer today. We were at the mall by 8 a.m. - I know, that is total craziness for a Saturday! I felt like those Army guys - doing more before noon than should be allowed!

We walked 3 miles, rested about 10 minutes, and then did another 3 miles. In November, I'll have the pleasure of repeating that a little more than 3 more times, and then doing it 3 days in a row. The thought almost makes me pass out!

I tried out my new fancy cell phone today by taking a couple of pictures of some really cute dresses with hats in a store called Cache. The stores are getting geared up to showcase Derby outfits. I could see myself wearing this, sitting in Millionaire's Row with the celebrities and drinking a mint julep.


I like this dress even better!

On a more serious note, one of the people I will be walking for in November is Ted's cousin, Kris. She is 40 something years old and had her breast cancer surgery this past week. She had been treating what her doctor thought was an infection. After almost a year of no success in treatment, she went to another doctor and found out she had Stage 3 breast cancer. She underwent chemo for quite a few months just to reduce the size of the mass before they could even do surgery. She will have more chemo and radiation after she recovers from the surgery.

If the thought of that doesn't scare you enough to get a simple mammogram every year, I don't know what it takes. She is in our prayers!



1 comment:

  1. hi laura!
    what a great workout you had today!
    i love your window shopping pics!
    i am so sorry to hear about your family member's ordeal. i am thinking of her and cheering you both on.

    thank you for spreading awareness and hope!

    xoxoxo
    m

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!