Monday, March 1, 2010

Walking Word of the Day

I walked at the mall again today - 7 times around which equals 5 1/4 miles! Today I walked in the afternoon when the stores were open. It wasn't very crowded, but so different than when the stores are closed - lots of unusual smells as I walked by each store.

The word for the day was free! Free gift bag with purchase . . . . . . buy two, get one free . . . . . free accordian file . . . . . . . . buy three, get two free . . . . . .

Free is a good word. Cancer-free, carefree, freedom . . . . .

One of my Dad's favorite sayings was: There is no such thing as a free lunch! There may be no such thing as a free lunch, but it's free to walk in the mall!


2 comments:

  1. i can hear your enthusiasm growing as you write these blog posts...almost as if you yourself are becoming FREE(er) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so cool you've become one of those people. I'd probably be at the mall too if it weren't for the concourse at the arena. 5 1/4 miles!!!! WOOOHOOOO!!! High paws!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!