Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Pain in the Butt!


I've used that pain in the butt phrase more times than I can count, but for the last week or so, I've had a pain in the butt, and it has a fancy name . . . . .

Piriformis Syndrome

It's a condition when the piriformis muscle of athletes (and I use that term very loosely for me!) like runners or walkers becomes tight and spasms. When this happens, the sciatic nerve gets pinched and your butt hurts!

Luckily, there are some great stretching exercises that I found on the internet. I'm sure I should have been doing them all along, but who ever thought you needed to stretch before you go walking at a mall?

You learn something new every day! Happy St. Patrick's Day! I'll be meeting my trainer after he gets off work so we can walk at the mall . . . . . . after I stretch my piriformis!


1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I hope your butt pain stops stat! Ironic, huh, you're spending all this time off it, and it starts hurting.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!