Friday, March 5, 2010

Mall Walking With a Buddy!

I met my trainer at the mall tonight after he finished work. We walked about 4 miles and then went to Moes for dinner.

It's nice to have a walking partner - it gave us a chance to get caught up with everything that has happened today. He told me that when one of his faculty members asked why he wasn't eating the box lunch that was bought for them at their afternoon meeting, Ted told them he brought his lunch because he is in training. LOL!

He then went on to explain about the Komen walk, so I decided at their next faculty meeting, Ted will be handing out my donation form! He said he could email them the link, but I'm thinking it is way too easy to delete an email, and having the form in hand might remind them to send in a donation.

Plus, how could they resist when attached to the form will be a pink ribbon with a Hello Kitty bead!


I've made a gazillion of these - we call them S.W.A.P.S. in Girl Scouts (Special Whatchamacallit Affectionately Pinned Somewhere) I thought it would be fun to having something to hand out to other walkers, and I also include one with every donation form I send out!

As for yesterday's question about the Life Is Pink Is Life sign . . . . . . Diana guessed correctly - it is a sign in the Victoria Secret's store!












3 comments:

  1. hi laura!
    oh how wonderful!
    you always add special details to everything you do!
    xoxoxoxo
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. You are so crafty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOHHHHH!!! Awesome idea to hand out forms at faculty meetings. Since I'm so new at my job, I'm waiting a bit before I hit this department up but when I do...faculty meetings look out!

    Does Diana win a SWAPS? ha!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!