Sunday, January 10, 2010

A New Year's Resolution

I'm not one to make New Year's resolutions, but I am up for challenging myself to try new things. When a Catster Mom friend of mine told me about previous walks she has done in support of a cure for breast cancer, it sounded like something I'd like to try!

I told her if she ever did the walk in Arizona, I'd love to be on her Trekkin' for Ta-Tas team! Well, 2010 is the year . . . . . . and Phoenix is the place! I have until November to get in shape for the 3 day, 60 mile trek.

I've already registered and started reading through the on-line handbook. This week my starter kit arrived.

Over the holidays, I made some business cards with info about how people can donate to help me reach my goal. I gave them to some of Ted's family, and plan to hand them out to everyone I know!

The main motivation behind my interest in this cause is the number of loved ones in my family who have dealt with not only breast cancer, but also ovarian, pancreatic, and testicular cancers. It seems that cancer has touched everyone's life in some way - either through a family member or a close friend.

I hope you'll follow me on my journey. I'm looking forward to the adventure! If you would like to help me reach my goal, please click on the button in the upper right area of my blog!


3 comments:

  1. Laura, I'm so excited and so proud that you are walking with my team this year!! You're an amazing person! ~Sue Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi laura!
    i am so excited for you! what a great new blog! i am excited to follow your adventure!

    xoxoxo
    m

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!